Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sinus Supremus


My Dad was driving the other day when a man tried to cut him off. Some kind of exchange took place and my father ended up giving the guy the finger and yelling the dreaded 'F Word,' something my father never says. He came home still on an anger-high from the exchange and paced the house, furious.

Later, after he had calmed down, he reevaluated his reaction.

"I can't believe I screamed the F word at that guy," he said.

"It happens," I said.

"What was that insult that Eliot yelled at those kids at the bus stop?" he asked.

"Eliot? From E.T.? Um, I don't know. Something in Latin, I think."

After some Googling, I reported back.

"Eliot yelled 'Zero Charisma' and the other kid yelled back 'Sinus Supremous,' which is Latin for 'Zero Space.'"

"Yeah, that's it! I should have yelled that instead. Next time I'm yelling that."

"That will really stick it to him!" I said.

"Eliot also called someone 'Penis Breath,'" my Mom said from the kitchen.

Dad and I looked at each other. "Well, yeah. If the first doesn't work, you can always try that one, too."

2 comments:

  1. Sinus = Nothing
    Supremos = Big

    Sinus Supremous = Big Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete